Monday, April 12, 2010

Wondering About Something New

My yesterday was beautiful! My today will be marvelous! What will tomorrow bring?

Yesterday I tried something new; I did something I've never done.  I loved it, but was nervous the whole time.  My heart beat double time, my mind raced, I was hot and cold at the same time....yet I loved it.  I even thought twice about it.  It was like your first ride on your favorite roller coaster...only you don't know it yet. 

Initially, I thought I really want to see...I want to try it.  Next, there was a feeling of exhilaration after making the decision.  Then, there were the butterflies in my stomach.  After that, there I was second-guessing myself.  Finally, I was ready to dive in head first and there was no turning back.

I was so excited, yet so scared.  Two feelings about the same endeavor...simultaneously!  I was ready to run full speed ahead and ready to run full speed in the opposite direction at the same time.  In the end I stuck with my decision and I have no regrets.  Now that I've done something new I'm left with a feeling that says "What next?". 

These are the feelings most people feel when making a big decision about something new.  It could be a new job, a big purchase, a big move, or simply stepping outside of your normal individual boundaries.  Whatever "something new" may be for you embrace it, love it, decide to commit to it, and enjoy it.  You never know, something new might be what you need to give you that extra push, increased enthusiasm, or it may just be your heavenly muse.  It's beautiful to be you.  Keep life simple...love and live.  Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment