Monday, April 5, 2010

Contemplation

By definition, contemplation is thoughtful observation; full or deep consideraton; reflection.

When I started this blog, last week, I said to myself that I'd only write twice a week.  Since then, I've thought about what I wanted to do with it...write for myself or others.  I contemplated the options, writing everyday or less than everyday.  Nevertheless, I was at a crossroads...and it's only been a week!  I think Ben Stein said it best, "The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want."  I had a moment of clarity when I realized that I'd already decided, before I began, that the purpose of my speaking to you would be to help in some way...through laughter, thought, a smile, or even prompting you to act on something.

Sometimes our observation, consideration, and reflection allows us to see things clearer than we expect.  Nevertheless, despite our reservations and hesitance to change...life goes on.  We can only hope that through contemplation we come to a decision that will lead us to the accomplishment of a goal.  Therefore, contemplate...but not for too long.  Think long and hard, but don't think so long and hard that the reason(s) for your contemplation has passed you by.

There's an old saying, "study long, study wrong."  Do everything with purpose.  Observe, consider, reflect, decide, and act with purpose.  Your contemplation is purpose-less if life passes you by in the meantime.  No one can change your life but you!

For now, I'll be writing daily and posting before noon.  Keep your goal ahead of you and reflect as needed...change will come.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment