Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wondering

I'm just wondering... What do you think about me when I'm there when things go wrong?  What do you think about me when I make you smile?  What do you think about me when I say what's on your mind...that you won't say?  What do you think about me when we share the same feelings and know what you're going through?  What do you think about me?

It's easy to be present in the time of someone else's trouble, turmoil, hard times, sadness, or need.  It's also easy for others not to be there for you during the same or similar situations.  No matter how much people say others' opinions of them don't matter...everyone has - at one time or another - thought about what someone thinks of them.  You may not have dwelt upon it or even had a lingering feeling, but you've thought about it at least once, for a fleeting second.  What do you think of me?

If you dare to ask your question aloud, be prepared for the good and the bad.  However, also prepare yourself to keep moving forward.  Every situation, scenario, conversation, or discussion is for your learning.  If you don't like the opinion...it's ok.  Reflect and keep moving, growing.  If you like the opinion, love it, appreciate it, and say it...then keep moving, growing.

It's beautiful to be you...simply beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment