Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm Learning

Stepping away from what I want is the hardest decision I think I've ever had to make...and I've made the decision numerous times for various reasons.  I know I'm stubborn and willful.  I want what I want when I want it.  I had to sit myself down and pray.  I got my answer...like it or not.

I've been trying so hard to do so much at the same time that I haven't taken the time to separate wants vs. needs, desires vs. destiny, or primary vs. secondary goals.  I know, and knew before today, the things I need to do (and the things I don't need to do) to continue down the path of my own success successfully.  I know that things aren't always what they seem, but sometimes it's up to us to make things into what we know they could be.  Slowly, but surely, I'm learning the prayer of serenity through practice...consistent, continuous practice.  It isn't what I want right now, but it's what I need.

Everything that is meant for me, I'll receive.  Everything that is meant for me to experience, I will in due time.  Everyone that I am meant to meet, or otherwise, I will when the time is right and I'm ready...even if I don't know when.  So, I'm breathing, practicing patience, celebrating myself, and waiting my turn.  I'm learning...you should try it.

It's beautiful to be you...simply beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment