Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Not Sure About This

I'd love to say that everytime I help someone in some way that it feels good inside...and it does.  But I can not neglect the fact that seeing someone saddened because our time together has passed also saddens me.  I love to help others...when I can't, it bothers me.

It would be ideal to be able to ensure the safety and happiness of each and every friend or loved one; but it's impossible.  As happy as it might make the world...helping everybody isn't the way things go.  This doesn't mean in any way that happiness can't exist for everyone...you or I just can't create it for everyone.  Today, I helped to create happiness for someone.  As soon as our time together was over, saddness was soon to follow.  At this point I had to remember my boundaries and the reason they exist in the first place.

Did I like having to admit that I couldn't maintain the happy feelings I'd helped to create?  No.  Did I like seeing the happiness suddenly fade away?  No.  Did I understand why I needed to understand my boundaries?  I wasn't sure at first, but yes.  Boundaries help us maintain balance so we don't get burned out helping everyone.  Boundaries help us to remember that we can't do everything for everybody

It's beautiful to be you...simply beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment