Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Determination

Determination: the act of coming to a decision or of fixing or settling a purpose; the quality of being resolute; firmness of purpose; a fixed purpose or intention.

As I sit here tired, at my wit's end, and ready to relax my hands and mind for at least the entirety of a week...I can't help but to think that I am in this predicament due to determination.  As an integral part of my job, I compose grant proposals.  It is indicative for someone in my profession to be adamant, relentless, and resolute.

It is due to this proposed high level of determination that businesses remain open, loans are granted, checks are signed, and people work & eat everyday.  This doesn't, in any way, mean that these things happen because of me.  However, without someone's strong will and desire(and in some cases - greed) to empower and help others  these dealings would not occur.  Determination is the very fabric and stitching of the phrase "I'll try".  Giving up and calling the quits is not an option.

You have too much resting on your shoulders.  The families depending on you, the children looking up to you, the people emulating you...all because of your undying tenacity and good 'ole determination.  Look around; do you stop when someone tells you no? Do you quit when someone says you won't make it or you can't get it done?  Do you crack under pressure...everytime?

Be resolute, be tenacious, be strong willed...be DETERMINED! Don't let obstacles weigh you down.  Put a determined smile on your face and say "I will"!  Be DETERMINED to have a good day...no matter what.  I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment